Volunteers needed for Delta government committees and appointments (including Environment Advisory Committee)
First published on January 3, 2007
So I found this ad in the local Delta paper talking about volunteers needed for local government committees (well, they call them areas). The six areas advertised are:
- Advisory Design Panel
- Boundary Bay Airport Advisory Committee
- Environment Advisory Committee
- Heritage Advisory Commission
- Parks, Recreation & Culture Commission
- Traffic and Safety Advisory Committee
This Environment Advisory Committee caught my eye, and I know there are some qualified and interested people in the community that might never have even heard about this. Here’s your chance to take action if you are passionate about such issues!
- Environment Advisory Committee, providing advice to Council on climate change and environmental considerations. (Meets monthly on the second Thursday at 7:00pm) (4 vacancies)
See the entire scan of the Delta Committee and Appointments ad for full information on all six areas. The application deadline is January 19th.