Blogging questions | All other comments | Forum

Back to the blog

Please consider registering

Log In

Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —


— Match —


— Forum Options —


Minimum search word length is 4 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

Topic RSS
Blogging questions
July 27, 2007
1:35 pm
pa zolee

With Google AdSense, do I have to pay taxes to the US government as well the Canadian government, if I make
any money?

I am using Hostgator to host my websites/blogs. Do you know how can I change hosting company, I'd like to use a good Canadian Hosting comp., with C-panel, and how difficult is to move a website from a hosting company to a different hosting company?

July 27, 2007
1:45 pm
Forum Posts: 841

Regarding Google AdSense, you do not have to submit any tax information to Google nor pay taxes to the US government. You just have to keep track of how much you are paid so that you can report it on your Canadian income tax return.

Does Host Gator also use cPanel? If so, it is very easy to transfer from cPanel host to cPanel host using the Backups menu option. You can even automatically send a backup file from your old host directly to your new host through cPanel.

If Host Gator doesn't use cPanel, then your new hosting company might be willing to help with the move. Some places will take care of that for you. You just have to ask the new host...

I use both MJZ Hosting and XC Host (see my hosting post) and can recommend both of them as cPanel hosts.